Python in Education
Nicholas H.Tollervey / @ntoll
(Free download from O'Reilly's website)
A good developer is always learning and re-evaluating
in order to improve.
Choose a problem
Code in teams
Show and tell
In a dojo we...
- Learn by doing (deliberate practice)
- Fail safely with sympathy
- Teach one another
- Explain ourselves to our peers
- Explore each other's solutions
- Build a community
Teaching is the one profession that
creates all the other professions.
Teaching is a calling (you're
certainly not doing it for the money or "perks").
Teaching is the hardest job
I've ever had to do.
"Asking what sort of education and learning our community
supports is how we decide what sort of community we
For it is through education and learning that we engage
with our future colleagues, friends and supporters."
Nicholas Tollervey, 2015. :-)
My First Computer
1 Million 11-year olds
- Organise a dojo with your buddies!
- Engage with teachers and kids at this conference!
- Get involved with the wider Python Community!
Due at PyCon UK 2017